Saturday, April 20, 2013

How to Stay Inspired

This might be something that will help me more than it will help you. I'd really like to keep posting daily on this blog but it's hard to keep inspired and motivated to do so (that and time....). I thought I should just remind myself of some of the things I can do to keep the creative mind flowing while at the same time writing a new blog post. So, here ya go! Feel free to comment any of the things you do to keep inspired down below; it's greatly appreciated. :)

6 Ways to Stay Inspired:


  • Make a binder of things you love. ~ I like to rip out pages from my older magazines or print off pages of an inspiring website. Hole punch the pages and stick them into a binder. I also keep some sticky notes near by whenever I want to mark one of the pages. 
  • Eliminate clutter. ~ Keeping everything clean and organized to me is the same as keeping your head clear. When your environment is clean your head becomes clearer and more ideas start to roll in.
  • Keep a journal by your bed. ~ Especially around the time we go to sleep our mind starts flowing with ideas and inspiration. Always keep a journal by your bed to jot these thoughts down so you don't forget. Whenever you're having trouble thinking of a new idea...read the journal.
  • Go to an inspirational place. ~ This is pretty self explanatory. We all have that room or place outside that we go to when we're fresh out of ideas. Bring your journal along with you. 
  • Listen to music. ~ Unless it's writing music that you need the ideas for, this is a great way to get inspired. Check out my miscellaneous list of songs
  • Take a walk. ~ If you took a walk to your inspirational place while listening to music and writing in your journal you'll have a slew of new ideas instantly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think :)