Thursday, December 12, 2013

How To: Staying Sane When Times Are Busy

The holidays can be a really busy time, as well as on many other occasions as well. Take myself for instance, I was so busy today I did not have the time to create an actual craft for today's 25 Days of Christmas Crafts post. However, I thought this would be just as good to share. How I stay sane when I'm super busy.

First thing's first. Prioritize. I had an oral presentation to do tomorrow. Instead of writing my post, I practiced my presentation instead. Future me will thank me a lot; though I sincerely regret not having enough time for a new post, my presentation was much more important.

Second. Whatever you do, do not multitask. Sure, you may think you're a master of answering emails or texts while working on a big project or your homework but you really can't. It's much more distracting than you think to have that phone next to you or your laptop turned on. You'll save much more time if you're solely focused on one activity at a time.

Third. Give yourself some breaks. Of course, this you have to moderate a lot; however, don't set a scheduled timer. Having a set time for a break will distract you from focusing on your work and you'll just want to think about that break coming up. Take a quick break when you feel it's appropriate. For example, if your laptop suddenly runs out of battery don't scramble for the charger just take a short break to do something else and then get back to it (on this note, I suggest using Google Docs so that if your laptop does suddenly run out of battery whatever you're working on is automatically saved).

I hope these tips helped you in balancing everything around the busy holidays and don't forget to stay positive when times are rough and busy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think :)